Well, the short summary of the past month is that it was dramatic and emotional, and that sometimes (including this case) God uses difficulties to shake us up, wake us up, redirect and refine our walk with Him. So that said, I'm thankful for what He's been doing in my heart, and am now totally ready for life's normalcy to resume.
This weekend, the beautiful, chaotic, joyful, insane normalcy returned! Hannah and I have visited some of our favorite Fort Wayne pasttimes and places. So I'd like to take this opportunity to answer a question that I asked myself two years ago when I first moved to this town: What is so great about Fort Wayne, Indiana??
- Papa John's - yes, I know this is not local, but we have a delivery shop one minute from our house, and it is a quick and easy way to do dinner! http://order.papajohns.com/index.html?gclid=CM77ooeP2LACFYbrKgodDzaW0Q&esvplace=&dclid=%25n-%EF%BF%BDdv%21-%EF%BF%BDuy%21-%epid%21-%EF%BF%BDid%21-%erid%21&esvq=papa+johns+coupon&esvadt=999999-0-3864918-1&esvt=332865-GOUSB336925480&esvcrea=12764535625&esvaid=30536
- DeBrand Chocolatier - the best truffles ever... http://www.debrand.com/
- One Fine Day - a bridal boutique close to our house that we just can't help window shopping at any time we pass it! http://www.onefinedaybridalandgown.com/
- Gospel Community - our local home church family! http://www.gospelco.org/
- Zo First Assembly - our local international church family http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbJYQBaUaQ
- New Ground Coffee Company - I love their chai lattes and random new mixes they experiment with! http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Ground-Coffee-Company/156939987685564
- Shoaff Park - our favorite walking paths and reading shade-trees http://www.fortwayneparks.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=185%3Ashoaff-park&catid=38%3Apark-page-links&Itemid=33
Things we haven't done yet this week, but I still love in Fort Wayne:
- Downtown Library - http://www.acpl.lib.in.us/
- Headwaters Park - http://www.fortwayneparks.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33&Itemid=49
- Lakeside Park - http://www.fortwayneparks.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=176%3Alakeside-park-a-rose-garden-&catid=38%3Apark-page-links&Itemid=33
- Culver's - http://www.culvers.com/restaurants/Fort_Wayne
- Firefly Coffee House - http://www.fireflycoffeehousefw.com/
- Jefferson Pointe Mall - http://www.jeffersonshopping.com/
- Papa Murphy's Take 'N Bake Pizza - http://www.papamurphys.com/Home
Of course, my very favorite thing about Fort Wayne is the people I've met and done life with. I don't think that two years ago I could have anticipated or imagined the amazing friends God would give me and the ways they have blessed me. Goes to show that community life is not about the location, but the people you share it with!