Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New friends in Fort Wayne

It is 53 degrees F and raining today, and isn't going to get much warmer all week. This was my first morning back on my hot oatmeal breakfast regimen, and it came sooner than I expected. I'm wearing one of my favorite sweaters and warm socks, and the probability of drinking four cups of tea today is pretty high!

The other day, Pam took me to visit her best friend, Carissa, and her family. Carissa made amazingly cheesy white chicken chili (yummmmmmm...), and then we played dress-up and watched "Monkey George" (Curious George) with the girls before their bed time. Once the girls went to bed, we "adults" got to do grown-up things like eat triple-chocolate brownies and ice cream and play games like Funglish and Quiddler. It was a blast! You like my dress-up costume? Emily designed it herself. Sorry about the blurriness of the picture, but I'm sure anyone with a three-year-old understands...

Of course, the big question on everyone's mind who knows me very well and is highly aware of my personal limitations: "How did you get in the house?" Well... it just so happens that Carissa's husband is an engineer, and seemed a bit eager to excercise his building skills. He spent all afternoon perfecting a "to code" ramp for their two front steps. Once the masterpiece was finished, it worked like a charm (my dad would be so impressed!). The ramps are also portable, so they can stay in the garage and come out any time I want to come over. Isn't that cool? Here's a shot of Chris hard at work...


So I am thanking God for some new friends in my life, who make me feel so loved and welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment