Thursday, September 2, 2010

Prayer Support Letter #2

Dear Friends,

After an exciting summer of serving the Lord in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, with International Teams, I have decided to return there this fall to serve for three more months.

Through this missions experience, I will have the opportunity to work with refugee families from countries like Burma, Mexico, Congo, and Somalia. I get to continue to live in my house, the “Angaing Inn” (Loving House), with new refugee families, welcoming them and helping them learn how to adapt to American life. I will also keep teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) and lead a Bible study for international adults on Sunday mornings at a local church and Tuesday afternoons at my house, as well as provide one-on-one and small group basic language immersion classes for newcomers. In addition, this fall I’ve been given a new leadership opportunity as director of the youth night program for teenagers from Somalia and Burma, which will include computer training, homework help, and godly character building activities.

Would you consider helping me make this project a success? I need prayer and financial support. The total cost of my mission trip is $2,900 per month. Any financial gift you contribute is tax-deductible. The departure date for this thirteen-week trip is September 10. I am praying for monthly commitments to come in soon. If you feel God is leading you to be a part of this ministry with me, you can give online (www.iteams.org/give/). In the comment box at the bottom, please write “Preference to Connie Chandler’s account.” If you would rather write a check, please make it payable to “International Teams” and include a separate note (not on the memo line) that designates you want your gift to go my account. Please mail all checks to International Teams, Attn: Receipting Dept., 411 W. River Road, Elgin, IL, 60123.

If you are willing to participate by praying for me while I am on the team, please let me know so I can add you to my prayer team list that receives regular prayer and praise updates. All too often we take prayer support of mission work for granted. Before I go, I need to know that others will truly be praying for me. While I am gone, I will be sure to write regular updates here on my blog. Please let me know if you would like to receive prayer and blog updates by mail.

Thank you for considering this request. I look forward to hearing from you and would enjoy telling you a bit more about this opportunity personally.

Blessings to you,

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment