Sunday, October 2, 2011

Life in Narnia, Signs of Love

Mom and I got back to Fort Wayne last night, and I was warmly greeted by a few special things...

Kelsey "and Friends" painted a mural on my bedroom wall that I've been dreaming of for a while. There's a lamp-sconse on my wall that I have always thought could be made to look like the lamppost in the woods in Narnia, especially given it's proximity to my closet... So the girls thought my absense from Little Burma was a grand excuse to bring a bit of Narnian magic to my room.





Also waiting for me was a big "Welcome Back Connie" banner and a "Welcome Back Connie" poster from the youth group. It's so fun to read all the little notes and see the different ways the kids and volunteers expressed their love.


This morning, one if my dear friends and students, Reyna, brought me a special bouqet of flowers. That, along with a thousand warm hugs and kisses from all the ESL students, made it a really wonderful day!


It's good to be back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment