Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 3: The Organic Life

How many mangos does it take to satisfy three African girls? Well, I don't know, but it's more than three... All I know is that buying a bunch of inexpensive fresh fruit and inviting these girls over was a good idea! We still don't have chairs or tables in our house, and no internet, but I'm beginning to realize that isn't such a bad thing. They like sitting or sprawling on the carpet, with a handful of mango, watermelon, and banana, just talking and laughing and sharing truth, love, and life. These are precious moments to me.

I realized this morning that this week I have been happier and more light-hearted than I've been in weeks. I am loving this spontaneous life - being around the neighborhood and available, sparking up conversations on the sidewalks, praying for and picking up kids and bringing them to the house whenever they come to mind. There's a lot of freedom, fullness, and fulfillment in that.

Today's Psalm was 98, and the command for the day was to sing, shout, exalt, and praise the name of the Lord! So... on Day 4 of our new and exciting and organic life, we will obey and see what marvelous things come of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment