Monday, August 6, 2012

Our 5:10 Wall

“Live as children of light… and find out what pleases the Lord.” Ephesians 5: 8, 10

What makes God smile? After reading the above verses, I thought this question would make a great conversation-starter. It’s also a great thing to ask myself daily, to look for the things that please him, and make those things a part of my day-to-day lifestyle… because pleasing my Savior and Lord should be a top priority, whether it is in what I say or do, or in my attitude and perspective.

Hannah and I have this wall in our study/guest room that is big and bare and just begged for attention. Consequently, we also have 50 feet of clothesline and a large package of clothespins we’ve never used (please don’t ask why). So naturally, we decided to do some creative decorating with a purpose.

Here, you see our new “5:10 Wall,” referencing this verse in Ephesians that we are meditating on day and night. We are asking people who come into our house, “What pleases the Lord?” and writing down their answers, collecting them all on the clothesline. So far, we’ve had some great responses: Justice, Faith, Kindness, Humility, Perseverence, Obedience, A Joyful Heart, God’s Creatures, Breaking Bread with Friends, and Singing Praises in Battle.

If you would like to add to our collection, you can leave me a comment here with your answer. We’re also trying to find Bible verses that support the answers, so if you have one in mind, give that to me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment