Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kevan


Dear Kevan,

Thanks for being my friend. When I want to despair and give up, you won't let me. When I don't believe I'm doing anything good or helpful or useful in the world, you tell me that I am. When I think I'm awkward and clumsy and lumpy and crippled, you make me feel beautiful. When I am shy and insecure, you introduce me to all sorts of cool new friends. When I freak out over things that don't matter, you help me gain perspective. When I am amazed and confounded by how creative and wise you are, you say that I played some part in it. I'm challenged by you, encouraged and comforted and inspired by you. I love when we get to talk, and I love when we just sit in our wheelchairs next to each other without saying a word. I'm almost 30 years old, and I know I would not have made it this far without your strength and joy and hope. So again, thanks for being my friend... for seeing the best and worst of me, and loving me just the same.

Love,
your sis

No comments:

Post a Comment