Thursday, April 22, 2010

Plans

My life seems to be full of un-plans. Which drives me crazy, because I love having a plan and I do my best when I follow a plan. My plan for now is to finish the school year at FCDS and then go to Ft. Wayne to serve for nine weeks. Then I will go to Ontario for my cousin's wedding. Sometime in September, I will be a part of the non-profit community coffee house my home church is opening.

I had a couple ideas for teaching jobs, but today I found out that neither will work. Well... one could potentially work, but they aren't even thinking about hiring until August. I would really like to know where I should work in the fall, and I'd like to know that by the time I leave for Ft. Wayne, so I don't have to divide my attention while I'm gone. But I have no leads, no ideas.

I talked to a friend on the phone this morning who really encouraged me by reminding me of God's faithfulness and plans for people throughout the Bible. But I was also reminded that the life of a disciple of Christ is risky and full of surprises. The thing that is certain is that God is in control and that he loves me (I guess that is two things). And I am clinging to that now, and doing a lot of praying...

Please pray for me to know where to look for work, and pray that the right position is open and available to me. I want to do what God wants me to do, and I don't want to limit his plans to what makes sense to me or what is safe, but I don't want to be foolish or wasteful with my time or gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment