Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To be a sheep...

I love planning Bible study for Women's Club on Tuesday! I have to word the stories very simply, in short sentences, with lots of pictures, for the women to understand. This makes me study the Bible so much more, because I have to concentrate on the very core message of each story and think of the clearest way to accurately translate it into "Beginner ESL." Here was my lesson today, about the Good Shepherd and about being his sheep:

Luke 15:4-7 -

A man has 100 sheep.
1 sheep runs away.
The man leaves the 99 sheep.
The man looks everywhere for the 1 sheep.



The man finds his 1 sheep.
He puts the sheep on his shoulders.
He carries the sheep home.


He tells his friends, “Rejoice! My sheep is home!”
He has a party. He is very happy to find his sheep.

John 10:11-15 -



A bad shepherd runs away when bad things happen.
A good shepherd does not leave his sheep alone.
A good shepherd cares for his sheep.
A good shepherd dies to save his sheep.



Jesus says, “I am the good shepherd.
My sheep know me.
They know my voice.
They listen to me.
They follow me.
They do not run from me.
I know all my sheep.
I love them.
I will look for them
and I will find them.
I will die to save them.
Psalm 23 -
The Lord is my shepherd.
I do not need anything.
He lays me down in green pastures.
He leads me beside quiet water.
He heals my soul and shows me the right thing to do.
Even in dark, bad times, I am not afraid.
My shepherd is with me and keeps me safe.
He makes food for me to eat when I am in danger.
He blesses me and I am so happy!
I will have love and goodness all my life.
I will stay in his house forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment