Monday, January 17, 2011

Road trip photos

I took pictures on the road trip from NC to IN, because I love how much the landscape changes and I wanted to share it with you. It reminds me of all my favorite songs by Rich Mullins, Mitch McVicker, Ryan Richardson, and Andrew Peterson...

- Pilot Mountain, NC -
It's hard to tell by the photo,
but the clouds above were pearly and irridescent.
"Mountains rise up to the sky...
And all heaven sings of God."


- Mount Airy, NC -
"I saw the mountains waking with the innocence of children
And my soul is still there with them wrapped in the songs they brought..."



- Rolling Virginia Hills -
"We'd all swear that it's a precious view
That's seen by such a precious few
And it'll change you just as sure as it is pretty...
And that ain't a bad thing."


- West Virginia Mountains -
"The streams are all swollen with winter
Winter unfrozen and free to run away now
And I'm amazed when I remember
Who it was that built this house
And with the rocks I cry out..."



"The music of the mountains is still keeping me awake..."



- Charleston, NC -
"I ain't lookin for no seven golden cities,
But I know there's a fortune somewhere to find..."


"In the words that you have spoken,
There's a word that echoes still.
And I can hear it in the silence of these hills."


- Crossing the Ohio River -



- Southern Ohio -
"As we drove across Ohio at the dawning of the day
I could hear the tune of truth was in his voice..."



- Fields of northern Ohio -
"You can look sometimes forever til you see
What time may never know..."

No comments:

Post a Comment