Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just Another Day in Little Burma

Last night Lian made Burmese doughnuts, with rice flour and oil boiling in a wok. They were awesome and delicious! Tonight, Lian made what she described as "fish." The long skinny things with teeth did not look like fish to me, and as Hannah and I picked white meat off sharp bones, I said, "I think we're eating an eel." So to clarify, I played 20 Questions with Lian... Color? Black. Like snake (with gestures and sound effects)? Oh, yes. In water? Yes. ... Yep, we're eating eel. Deep fried eel.


I have to include a cute picture of the boys here - Jo Lien and Moi San. Jo Lien has discovered that my feet on my footrest make a good little stool for him to sit on... which I think is just too cute! Last night I was talking to my mom on Skype, and Jo Lien waved at her. Later when I was working on other things, he came in my room, leaned on my chair and waved at the screen. "Let's see if we can find someone for you to wave at," I whispered, and logged on to Skype again. My grandparents were on, so they got to meet my little brother, who was all too happy to wave and smile at them.

Moi San loves it when we sing praise songs to Jesus (or Zesu) in English or in Chin-Zo. He raises his hands, claps, bounces, and puts his hands over his heart. Jo Lien just jumps around and laughs the whole time. I love that these little ones get so much joy out of praising the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. They are adorable! Why are in Burma and for how long?
    Rebecca (Kathryn's friend) I don't know why it says my name is george... wierd :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebecca! Actually in Indiana, but we call our house "Little Burma" because of the families who live here. :)

    ReplyDelete