Saturday, December 11, 2010

A few of my favorite things

Yesterday I had one of Wendy's famous happy-thoughts teas (yes, I still have a few left!). It was a Mixed Berry tea, and the happy thought was: "Snowflakes that stay on your nose and eyelashes." Which is awesome, because earlier this week I got to experience the cold, tickling joy of snowflakes actually doing that. It reminded me of a song I've heard before, and that was only the beginning...

Later last evening, Hannah and I went out to buy wrapping paper, and heard the honking of a massive flock of geese flying low overhead... shall we say, "Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings"?

When we got home from the store, Jo Lien presented to me a little brown paper package with a sweet Christmas ornament gift inside.

No crisp apple strudels, but Hannah's family sent us blondies and hot chocolate which we thoroughly enjoyed last night while watching one of our favorite movies, Ever After. What a great day!

Packing up today for a 4-week vacation back home in the South. We leave tomorrow, so please pray for safety on the road and good weather. I'll write again from my little Lothlorien room at home... Until then, simply remember your favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment