Thursday, February 17, 2011

Midnight snack

Last night was Youth Night, and we had a hilarious and wonderful time together. The secret ingredients of the evening included shaving cream, Cheetos, and choir robes. No, that is not a typo. It was epic. :)

After the kids left, most of the volunteers just stayed and hung out for a while, and it was so fun to get to know our team a little better. You would think after a busy and crazy evening with energetic teenagers, we would be exhausted,  but we weren't! So after the other volunteers left, Hannah Beth, Hannah Michelle, and I decided to make my Grandma Chandler's scones. At 10:30 at night.


As hard as I tried to find a respectable scone cookie cutter like my mom's, all I could find were these big cutters that were hearts, flowers, fishies, and mystery animals... was it a cat, frog, or owl?

So we made our big tacky-shaped scones that thankfully tasted delicious - just like my mom's and my grandma's, and ate them with jam and dulce de leche. Yes, dulce de leche! My friend Patti gave us a little jar of it, straight from and made in Argentina. :) What a perfect midnight snack after an exciting day!

(This morning we shared our scones with Lian and Jo Lien, and we think they enjoyed them too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment