Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring Fever

Today the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the snow is almost completely melted away. While this has caused flooding problems in our basement, it's also caused my heart to flood with relief and joy. I enthusiastically donned a bright yellow spring blouse and my ruby slippers this morning... then added a spring green fleece jacket when I remembered it's still only 50 degrees, not 70. My friend, Hannah Michelle, and I decided we absolutely needed to bask in the sunshine and fresh air, so we window-shopped down at the outdoor mall this afternoon. What a beautiful day - and it felt so good to be outside!

People keep warning me that days like today are just heartless teases, and that the winter is far from over. But I can't help but be excited to feel the sun warm my face again! I can't wait for picnics in the parks and boat rides on the lake and reading a good book in a fragrant garden (while crashing outdoor weddings). It feels like it has been such a long winter, and I'm really looking forward to spring. For now, I'm just glad that I can skip the hat-scarf-gloves-and-coat routine every time I go outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment