Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 9&10 - Camp Imadene

I can't believe we get to stay in such a beautiful place this week! This morning at the 7 AM staff prayer, I sat in the chapel with my mug of coffee, watching the silent misty clouds slowly seep down the mountain, through the trees and over the water... something very enchanting about those misty clouds...


It thrilled me even more once the sun broke through and burned away all the clouds and gave us a brilliant blue sky that reflected off the lake all day. The girls had a really good day of swimming, boating, skiing, and tubing. It's been fun to watch them play and spend some time with them. Gives me a better perspective on how to teach and share my story with them. 


Last night when I got up on the stage with my notes, and looked out at all those young faces, all my worry and nervousness drained away, and I felt strong and alive. I love teaching - especially to teens, and especially from the Bible! This morning we talked about the beauty of the Beginning, and the awesome holiness of God. Tonight, we will talk about "How it all fell apart" - the tragedy of the Fall and the resulting Brokenness. I'll also read one of my stories to them about a man named Judson who had a disease - a topsy-turvey, itchy-scratchy, clogged and stuffy, empty and achy Great Heaviness - and his search for the Cure. 



The girls have listened very well so far, but as the sessions progress, I'm praying that through God's power they will respond to the gospel and desire a relationship with Jesus. There are quite a few who don't know the Lord yet, have never read the Bible, and are asking questions to their cabin leaders at night. Please pray with me for the girls at Camp Imadene!

No comments:

Post a Comment