Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 8 - Victorian Flowers, Castles, and Iced Capps

Yesterday Aunt Carol took us to the Royal Roads University, also known as Hatley Castle, before we drove to Camp Imadene. Not a lot of time to write today, but wanted to share a little bit of the beauty with you....

Front garden at Carol and Gerald's house

Hatley Castle... where the British defeated the Americans... who knew?!




Looking up at the huge redwood trees in the Royal Road's garden

The rose garden

Me and my Auntie Carol

Ending our day with Tim Horton's Iced Capps
Today 93 middle school girls showed up at the camp, and tonight I begin my speaking sessions/Bible lessons/chapel services. My theme is on stories... how everyone has a story, about God's great story of redemption, and how our stories are a part of his... and how every plot twist and hardship we face, God can turn it around, redeem it, and use it to enhance the story of his amazing love. Please please pray for me to speak what God wants me to say, and that he will use it to help the girls draw closer to Him. I'll keep you updated, as the adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment