Thursday, March 18, 2010

As piles cascade across my desk...

There are mounds of papers, pieces mail, notes, projects, and books all over my desk, land-sliding despite my attempts to stack them neatly, multiplying every day, reminding me that the next few weeks of my life are going to be really busy! It's all really exciting stuff - planning the Watoto Choir performance, starting up the church coffee house, wrapping up the girls' Bible study, preparing lessons for the adult ESL class, raising support for my trip this summer, and starting a "day job"! But none of it is anything I can do anything about today... I just have to look at all these piles and anticipate the busy-ness that is soon to come.

So today I am continuing with my crochet project - yes, it has transformed into a crochet project now! I finished step 2: I conquered the embroidery pattern - only to realize my 3-step project is more like a 5-step project, as far as I can tell. I am on step 3 now, single crochet stitching a border around each square. When I finish this, step 4 is to sew the blocks together, and step 5 is the finishing-touch edging around the whole blanket. I will post a picture when it is finished!
This morning I saw the most welcome sign - my favorite evidence of spring in bloom!
Daffodils are my favorite spring flowers - they just seem so cheery and joyful to me. They spread their hands wide open in worship and raise their bright trumpets to play to the Lord a tune meant only for his ears. What a brilliant demonstration to his glory!

And so let us also praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment