Sunday, January 1, 2012

A year in blog review

I was trying to remember all the highlights of 2011, wanting to write them all down in fond memory and pleasant reflection. But here's the problem: There was too much! My memory is flooded with precious conversations, dear people, incredible moments, glimpses into Eternity. I'm overwhelmed by the amazing blessings that God filled my life with this year. So, I decided to try and pick just one highlight from each month, and give it a superlative, and link you to the post about it so you can read all the details, if you want. By no means are these the only things I cherish about the year, and those of you who have been in my life this year should know how much I love you and am thankful for you!

January: Most Daring Act of Courage or Stupidity - I ate a fried bat.

February: Most Incredible Slumber Party Ever - I survived Snowpocalypse, 2011.

March: Most Unexpected Disease - I was embarrassingly inflicted with a case of Bieber Fever.

April: Most Personally Challenging Book - I read and learned to Do Hard Things.

May: Most Fun and Romantic Cross-Cultural Experience - I attended a Zo wedding... and still have confetti and glitter embedded in my wheelchair!

June: Most Powerful Week of the Year - I got to share the ministry of I-House with my TCF family.

July: Too much happened to pick just one, so here's three! 1) Big Life Goal Accomplished - my first book was published, 2) Most Epic Family Time - reunion in British Columbia, and 3) Biggest Learning Experience of the Year - two weeks of training at International Teams.

August: Most Awesome Concert Experience of the Year - I went to Huntington University for the Superchick/Switchfoot show with a great group of friends.

September: Most Difficult Challenge and Greatest Time Spent Leaning on the Lord - I got sick.

October: Most Enchanting Day of Exploration - I visited the Limberlost.

November: Most Encouraging Time with the Youth - The Fall Leaf Raking Party.

December: Most Relaxing and Refreshing Vacation - Didn't blog about it yet, but I got to go visit the Perry family in south Florida during the week before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment